Our volunteers and interns play a very important role. As a volunteer or intern you may gain experience in a variety of programs.
Please fill out our application form if you are interested. Once you have completed the application, you will be contacted in a timely manner.
Clinical: We offer a year round program for clinical internships and practicum for:
- MSW, MFT Interns;
- PCC Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselor
- Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor
These opportunities are available in programs serving chemical dependent, HIV and dual diagnosis populations in all levels of care. Opportunity to provide individual, family and group counseling in cognitive behavioral and 12-step modalities are available at all of our locations.
We also offer shorter-term internships and/or Volunteering for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in various degrees including: Social Work or Rehabilitation Counseling, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Community Health, Psychology, etc.
These opportunities are available in programs serving low to moderate income communities from diverse backgrounds, in community-based settings. Programs include: treatment, prevention, intervention services, youth & family, employment and job training, and outreach.
Internships and course completion hours are open in various Administrative areas within AADAP as required by individual student’s needs.
- Interns requiring Clinical Treatment Experience should apply well in advance, as the onboarding process is lengthy and can take up to 2-3 months to complete.
- Minimum 100 hour commitment required; 6-month and longer commitment preferred for Clinical and Graduate level Interns.
- Standard Background check is required and a TB Test (depending on location)
UPDATE– Interns and Volunteers will be required to adhere to agency COVID policy:
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster
- Adhere to Agency COVID-19 Testing Policy
For further details, or to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com