Donate Now

You may make a tax-deductible donation to the Asian American Drug Abuse Program through any one of the methods below:
Mail in checks, made out to “AADAP”, to
ATTN: Development, 2900 Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90016
Phone in a donation by calling (323) 293-6284, using any major credit card.

Read Natalie's Story

Learn More

Planned Giving

Planned Giving

Thank you so much for considering AADAP in your estate planning.  The generosity of AADAP’s Ohana and supporters, like you, allow AADAP to offer personalized services to the Los Angeles community.  Thank you for helping us celebrate over 50 years of Changing Lives and Saving Families.

If you have any questions about planned giving, please contact Paulina Hong at

Give Gifts Through Will And Estate

Learn more about making a lasting impact at AADAP.

Sample Language for Your Will

Get the legal language to share with your attorney to make a gift in your will or living trust.

Other Way to Give

Discover the different ways that you can make a difference now and into the future.

Make a Gift with your IRA

If you are at least 70½ years old, you can make a gift from your IRA now.

Using your qualified charitable distribution (QCD) is the only way to take money from your IRA without paying income tax on the withdrawals.

You can instruct your IRA administrator (Fidelity Investments, Vanguard Group, Charles Schwab, for example) to directly transfer (rollover) money from your IRA to AADAP; the administrator will mail a check to AADAP.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

  • You must be at least 70½ years old at the time of the transfer.
  • You will NOT pay income tax on the amount rolled over to the Medical Center.
  • The maximum amount per year is $100,000, but you can select any gift amount you like.
  • The money can’t be used to cover event tickets or dinners.
  • You won’t claim a charitable gift tax deduction since you are excluding the rollover amount from gross income.
  • With an IRA, you must start taking required minimum distributions (RMDs) at age 72 or older. This also applies to 401(k)s and other qualified retirement plans. However, you are still eligible to make a QCD beginning at 70½.
  • Check with your tax advisers to see whether the rollover qualifies as your required minimum distribution. The first withdrawals from an IRA during a calendar year are usually treated as your RMD.
  • When an IRA is inherited by a non-spouse who is more than 10 years younger than the deceased, the new owner can no longer “stretch out” distributions over their life expectancy. In this case, the inherited IRA must be emptied within 10 years. However, there are no RMDs during that time.


Stock and Real Estate Gifts

Another tax-effective way to make charitable gifts is to donate appreciated stock or mutual funds that you have owned for more than one year. Your charitable deduction is based on the donation’s full fair market value. You will save even more on taxes since no capital gains tax is owed on the appreciation (gain) when the stock is transferred. This tax benefit also applies to other types of assets, including real estate. 

In-Kind Donations

AADAP accepts in-kind donations of tangible goods and services. To make an in-kind donation, please call (323) 293-6284 or email

Vehicle Donations

AADAP accepts vehicle donations in any conditions. Donating your vehicle is easy and free. To donate a vehicle, visit our CarEasy page to begin the application. For further details, please call (323) 293-6284.

Donate by Shopping


Enroll in Ralph’s Community Contribution Program. Ralphs donates annually to participating organizations based on your percentage of spending as it relates to the total spending associated with all participating Ralph’s Community Contribution Program organizations.