Please note that in order to access the services listed below, you must first register for orientation.
Employment Access Program Services
- Career Services:
– Basic Career Services: Job seekers are provided with orientation to the services of the Center and access to the Resource Room and other information.
– Individualized Career Services: Staff can be help job seekers with comprehensive career assessment and planning, job search assistance, resume, and job application development.
– Follow-Up Services: Job seekers are provided referral for supportive services that may be available in the community, additional career counseling, and information about additional educational opportunities.
- Training Services:
The center provides access to training on specific industries to help customers gain the skills they need to secure their next job. The Center is in partnership with various training providers to provide short-term vocational training to customers who need training and certification for certain jobs.
- Supportive Services:
The Center provides supportive services to assist customers with obtaining and maintaining employment and reduce barriers related to training and employment. These services include, but are not limited to the following: transportation assistance, work clothing, work tools, and other things needed.
- Business Services:
West Adams WorkSource Center can help if you are interested in starting a business. The Center provides a free Business Needs Assessment and other valuable services. The Center also helps existing businesses recruit, hire, and/or train qualified workers.
- Referral to Partners:
The Center has several co-located partners such as the CA Employment Development Department, the CA Department of Rehabilitation, the Los Angeles Unified Unified School District, PACE BusinessSource and several others. Customers can be referred directly to these partners on-site.
This WIOA Title I financially assisted program or activity is an equal opportunity employer and program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For more information, please contact our staff 72 hours in advance (323) 293-6284 or TTY:711
Financial Opportunity Center (FOC)
AADAP’s Financial Opportunity Center (FOC) is part of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) national network. Its purpose is to change people’s financial behavior in a way that empowers clients to make a long-term commitment to increasing income, decreasing expenses, and acquiring assets.
FINANCIAL COACHING AND EDUCATION
Assist clients to uncover possibilities, overcome barriers, and achieve their financial goals. With a coach, members are able to:
- Managing Expenses
- Understanding Credit
- Building Credit
- Debt management
Our Employment Counseling offers to support you and ensure you have access to the resources needed to meet your career goals. Services include:
- Interview Preparation
- Resume Building
- Soft skills Development
- Supportive Services
- Access to latest technology services in the Resource Center
- Connect you to employment opportunities i.e. job recruitments and career fairs
Enrollment and referrals to public benefit programs
- Public benefit screening to see what you may be eligible for
- Assist in navigating through public benefits
- Access to local community resources
For Additional Information
Contact: Melissa Alvarez, Career & Financial Coach
Phone: (323)293-6284 email: email@example.com
AADAP’s West Adams WorkSource Center
2900 S. Crenshaw Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Tel: (323) 293-6284
Fax: (323) 295-4075
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Resource Room Hours:
Mon-Wed, Fri- 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Thurs- 10: 00 am – 2:00 pm
Program Coordinator: Louis Lewis
Languages Available: English, Spanish, Tagalog
There are a number of skills development workshops including Work Readiness and Personal Enrichment training that are offered at the WorkSource Center to help you prepare for your next job. Click here for a calendar of workshops.