Advocacy and Youth Leadership Programs
Community Integrated Prevention (CIP) campaigns on alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention (ATOD) policy advocacy and mobilization take place in the South Bay of Los Angeles County target key cities. Organizers work closely with adult volunteer based community coalitions who serve as a voluntary substance abuse resource and advocacy arm for their target community.
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY ORGANIZER TO JOIN.
- Carson – Richard Bis, email@example.com
- Gardena – Traci Saruwatari, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inglewood – Melissa Loza, email@example.com
- Long Beach– Tiffany Tan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tobacco Prevention- Vy Tran, email@example.com and Aidan Ruiz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer high school youth groups meet on a weekly basis for training, planning and leadership development activities. The youth advocates collaborate to host drug free events and drug prevention campaigns addressing youth issues and community policy in their respective city/region.
- CARSON- Carson Youth Student Health Advocates (C-SHA)
Staff Contact: Richard Bis, email@example.com
- GARDENA- High School Task Force (HSTF)
Staff Contact: Traci Saruwatari, firstname.lastname@example.org
- INGLEWOOD- Youth United in Creative Action (YUCA)
Staff Contact: Melissa Loza, email@example.com
- (Coming Soon) LONG BEACH- Tiffany Tan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prevention 365 Social Media
Prevention 365 is an online information and discussion series on substance use/abuse prevention-related topics and its relevance to current community issues. For more information please contact Nelson Nailat at email@example.com.