Policy Advocacy and Youth Leadership Programs
Community Prevention campaigns on alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention (ATOD) policy advocacy and mobilization take place in the South Bay of Los Angeles County target key cities. Organizers work closely with adult volunteer based community coalitions who serve as a voluntary substance abuse resource and advocacy arm for their target community.
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY ORGANIZER TO JOIN.
- Carson – Richard Bis, email@example.com
- Gardena – Jessica Abaya, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gardena – Traci Saruwatari, email@example.com
- Inglewood – Marlon Pascual, firstname.lastname@example.org
- El Segundo – Tiffany Tan, email@example.com
- South Bay – Carol Almeda, firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Bay – Jeanne Shimatsu, email@example.com
Volunteer high school youth groups meet on a weekly basis for training, planning and leadership development activities. The youth advocates collaborate to host drug free events and drug prevention campaigns addressing youth issues and community policy in their respective city/region.
- CARSON- Carson Youth Student Health Advocates (C-SHA)
Staff Contact: Richard Bis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Contact: Tiffany Tan, email@example.com
- GARDENA- High School Task Force (HSTF)
Staff Contact: Jessica Abaya, firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Contact: Traci Saruwatari, email@example.com
- INGLEWOOD- Youth United in Creative Action (YUCA)
Staff Contact: Marlon Pascual, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hot Topic Tuesday
Hot Topic Tuesday is a online discussion series of substance use/abuse prevention-related topics and its relevance to current community issues. We meet on Zoom; for more information please contact Jessica Abaya at email@example.com.
Register for a Hot Topic Tuesday Workshop
9/7 – A Personal Recovery Story
9/14 – Meth Watch