IYCC provides culturally relevant and language appropriate services for immigrant Southeast Asian youth and families in Los Angeles County.
IYCC Programs And Services* :
- AOD Prevention: Changing the local environment and conditions that facilitate AOD use, as well as the knowledge and behaviors of youth and adults that contribute to community norms about AOD use in Long Beach. Services include LifeSkills Training from 4th and 5th grade students at Lincoln Elementary School WRAP, adult AOD educational workshops, adult prevention coalition, and community AOD presentation.
- Employment and Employment Support: Helping eligible individuals residing in the 2nd Supervisorial District enter workforce by providing workshops such as resume writing and interviewing skills. Participants will receive individual guidance, assessment for employment barriers, Individual Employment Plan, assistance with job search and job placement.
- API Outreach: Provide information and referral services to API CalWorks recipients and low-income individuals and families to increase awareness and reduce stigma related to substance abuse treatment.
- Southern California Edison (SCE) CARE/FERA Application Assistance: CARE/FERA application assistance for qualified SCE customers.
- Saturday Tutorial Project: Vietnamese language and cultural program for youth.