Agency: AADAP, Inc.- Employment Access
Job Title: Vocational Counselor I
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience
Opening Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Until Filled
Open Positions: One (1) Full-Time
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Vocational Counselor I
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Vocational Counselor I is responsible for implementing workforce development activities and services, developing individual employment and training plans, providing vocational counseling and job placement services, monitoring progress of employment and training, and performing other related functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (100%):
1. EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING (85%):
- Interpret objective assessment tools for EA program participants.
- Develop Individual Employment Plans (IEP) for EA program participants based upon assessed and documented occupational interests, career pathways, needs and barriers.
- Provide career planning, vocational counseling, and case management services.
- Organize and maintain case files for EA program participants in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitor and document participant progress in employment and training in accordance with contract funding and AADAP policies and procedures.
- Provide post-employment, job retention, and support services to EA program participants.
- Conduct outreach, customer/client recruitments, and program presentations to target public, private, community-based agencies, and programs.
- Participate in Case Conference meetings and assist with integrated service delivery of the EA AJCC and workforce programs.
- Facilitate planned workshops including but are not limited to job readiness training, job search workshops, and job club services.
- Assist the EA Business Service Representative developing and implementing business strategies to address the needs of priority industry sectors.
- Assist the EA Business Service Representative in coordinating pre-screening, hiring events, network meetings,
- Act as liaison between AADAP and EA program participants, employers, training providers, collaborating agencies, and business partners.
- Promote the services and activities of EA and the WorkSource Center.
2. EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING ENHANCEMENT (15%):
- Recommend specific employment and training enhancement activities for WIA participants. The activities include but not limited to job readiness training, job search workshops, and job club services.
- Assist with instruction related to on-the-job training, work experience, or unsubsidized job placements.
- Build relationships with referral sources that ensure timely and qualitative service delivery for WIA participants.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Four-year college education related to field or equivalent work experience related to position.
- Permanent resident or U.S. Citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid California Drivers License, and current automobile liability insurance.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recovery or a drug free lifestyle as of the date of application.
- Must be able to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Must have the experience in providing/interpreting employment and training assessments.
- Must have the experience in employment counseling and career development.
- The physical demand of this position is at the moderate level of occasional lifting over 25 pounds and frequent lifting of 5 to 10 pounds.
2. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bilingual, bicultural capabilities with Asian/Pacific languages and cultural groups.
- Knowledge of One-Stop/WorkSource Career Centers, and other workforce development programs.
- Computer literate and ability to work with Macintosh and IBM computers.
AADAP, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ADHERES TO HIRING PRACTICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL AND STATE REGULATIONS