Agency: AADAP, Inc.- Youth and Family Program
Job Title: Receptionist- Part Time (YFP)
Role: Non-Exempt Employee
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience
Opening Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Until Filled
Open Positions: One (1) Part-time
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Receptionist – Part Time (YFP)
Under the supervision of the Coordinator, the Receptionist shall be responsible for the orderly operation of the reception area including the handling of telephone calls, receiving guests and clients to the agency, processing incoming/outgoing mails, managing the use of the conference room, and performing clerical duties as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (100%):
- MANAGE THE ORDERLY OPERATIONS OF THE RECEPTION AREA BY ENSURING (15%):
- That the reception area is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- That the staff In/Out Log is updated regularly and to ensure all staff sign in and out when entering and leaving the building.
- That necessary notices, job descriptions and information are posted properly and dated material removed as required.
- That all persons in the reception area conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, and that if necessary, request assistance to handle inappropriate situations.
- HANDLING TELEPHONE CALLS BY (35%):
- Answer and route, as appropriate, all incoming calls to the agency.
- Take complete and accurate messages for staff that are not available to accept calls.
- Placing calls and following up on calls as directed.
- Report any problems with the telephone system to the Telephone Company.
- RECEIVING GUESTS AND CLIENTS TO THE AGENCY BY (20%):
- Greet all guests and clients entering the agency in a timely, friendly and courteous manner.
- After inquiring as to how you may help them, notify the appropriate staff of their presence.
- Ensure that all guests and clients sign the log when they arrive and when they depart.
- Ensure that guests and clients wait only in the designated areas.
- PROCESS INCOMING AND OUTGOING MAIL (5%):
- Sort, date stamp and distribute all incoming mail.
- Open and date stamp mail as directed.
- Prepare internal Routing Slip for incoming material that should be circulated.
- MANAGE THE USE OF THE CONFERENCE ROOM (5%):
- Maintain a schedule for the use of the Conference Room.
- Ensure that the Conference Room is kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Report any damaged furniture or equipment to the Facilities Manager.
- PERFORM CLERICAL TASKS AS DIRECTED, INCLUDING (15%):
- Type reports, correspondences, proposals, and memos.
- File records.
- Arrange and sort material.
- Take minutes at the Administration Meeting.
- Write and collect articles for the Agency Weekly Bulletin.
- And other clerical tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES):
- Two years of college education related to field or equivalent work experience related to field.
- Permanent resident or U.S. Citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Valid California Drivers License, current minimum automobile insurance, and an appropriate motor vehicle.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recovery or a drug free lifestyle as of the date of application.
- Must be able to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer operations.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bilingual or bicultural capabilities with Asian/Pacific languages and cultural groups.
- Experience with answering ten or more phone lines.