Agency: AADAP, Inc.- Youth Outpatient
Job Title: Part-Time Child Psychiatrist (YOT)
Role: Non-Exempt (Consultant)
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience
Opening Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Until Filled
Open Positions: One (1) Part-Time
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Part-Time Child Psychiatrist
- The Part-Time Child Psychiatrist is responsible for providing psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis and medication management services to our child/adolescent outpatient clients, ensuring compliance with program standards, contracts, policies, procedures and guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct SErvice (90%)
- Conducts psychiatric assessments of new clients as referred.
- Provides medication monitoring and provision of prescriptions as medically indicated.
- Requests appropriate physical, neurological, and other laboratory tests as indicated; review/interpret results and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Collaborates and consults with therapists and clinical supervisor as needed for client care and interventions.
- Abides to program compliance with mandatory reporting laws, incident reporting, ethical guidelines, and other compliance items as required.
- ADMINISTRATIVE (10%)
- Proper documentation of client contacts, interventions, and medications prescribed into clients; record in EHR in accordance with agency, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develops and maintain psychiatric skills through continuing education and maintain active unrestricted medical licensure and certification.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES):
- Possesses current M.D. licensure in the state of California. Residency/Board Certification in Psychiatry.
- Valid California Drivers License and current automobile liability insurance.
- Permanent resident or U.S. Citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recovery or a drug free lifestyle as of the date of application.
- Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, and other county, state, federal regulations relating to quality assurance and improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer operations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pass criminal background check to work with children and adolescents.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Verbal fluency in Spanish strongly desired.
- Knowledge of substance and alcohol abuse and related issues.
- Prior experience in community mental health preferred.