Agency: AADAP, Inc.- Outpatient Unit
Job Title: Outreach Worker
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience
Opening Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Until Filled
Open Positions: One (1) Full-Time
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
- Under the direct supervision of the Outreach Coordinator, the Outreach worker’s major function is to outreach to active substance abusers to reduce the transmission of HIV/AIDS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (100%):
1. OUTREACH (80%):
- Conduct street outreach to active substance users that are high risk for HIV/AIDS.
- Implement HIV/AIDS Risk Reduction Plan.
- Develop outreach materials including flyers, brochures and educational materials and handouts.
- Conduct small group skills building workshops.
- Communicate with sensitivity to clients from diverse language and cultural backgrounds.
- Implement follow up surveys.
- Assist Outreach Coordinator in the preparation of reports and correspondence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
2. CASE FOLLOW UPS (20%):
- Communicate with DCS, Probation Department and other community or government agencies to assist in client case follow up.
- Conduct individual referral assessments.
- Advocate for client rights.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES):
- Two years of college education related to field or equivalent work experience related to field.
- Permanent resident or U.S. Citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Valid California Drivers License and current automobile liability insurance.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recovery or a drug free lifestyle as of the date of application.
- Must be able to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer operations.
- Recent physical examination and TB test necessary upon hiring.
- Must be able to certify as a Class B driver in 4 months.
2. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA Degree in Social Welfare, Psychology or other treatment-related field with at least two years job related experience, or Drug and Alcohol certificate with at least five years experience in a job-related field.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS outreach services.