Agency: AADAP, Inc.- Outpatient Unit
Job Title: Long Beach Outpatient Counselor I
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience
Opening Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Until Filled
Open Positions: One (1) Full-Time
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Long Beach Outpatient Counselor
1. SUMMARY STATEMENT:
- The Counselor I, under the supervision of the Outpatient Director conducts outreach, intake, direct service, and case management services while maintaining treatment protocols in accordance with established principals, policies and procedures, which govern AADAP’s Outpatient Unit.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- INTAKE AND ASSESSMENT SERVICES:
- Screen calls and walk-in clients and determine appropriate services.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of each participant to determine placement into program phases.
- Complete all necessary screening and eligibility forms.
- CONDUCT TREATMENT AND ADVOCACY SERVICES FOR PROJECT PARTICIPANTS :
- Manage caseload as assigned.
- Conduct diagnostic assessment and develop treatment plan.
- Implement treatment plan to include: individual, group, and family counseling services.
- Coordinate support services.
- Maintain files and records according to agency, county, state, and federal guidelines.
- Submit other reports as assigned.
- OUTREACH AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- Conduct outreach to youth and families, particularly those who are underserved or difficult to reach.
- Participate in community-based planning, as appropriate.
- Perform other agency duties as assigned
3. QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES):
- CAS Certification or registered CAS member.
- Permanent resident or U.S. citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Valid Driver’s License, Calif. Minimum Automobile Insurance, and an appropriate motor vehicle.
- At least three years of recovery or a drug free lifestyle as of the date of the application.
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer operations.
- Complete a physical examination and TB test within one (1) week of date of hire.
- Pass a criminal background check to work with children and adolescents.