|Agency||:||AADAP, Inc. – Outpatient Unit|
|Long Beach Outpatient Counselor I
|Salary||:||Commensurate Upon Experience|
|Closing Date||:||Until filled|
|Opening Positions||:||One (1) Full-time|
|Submit Resumes to||:||Jon Fukuda|
|2900 S Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90016|
|(323) 293-6284, (323) 295-4075 (fax)|
Under the direction of the Outpatient Coordinator, the Outpatient Counselor is to provide counseling, case management, advocacy, crisis intervention and support services to substance dependent persons, families, juveniles and other persons in accordance with established AADAP Outpatient policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (100%):
OUTREACH SERVICES (20%)
- Conduct pre-treatment outreach service to news media, churches, schools, civic organizations, families and members of the community
- Maintain files and records of pre-treatment clientele.
- Conduct educational seminar on addiction and the recovery process.
- Establish and develop referral networks.
DIRECT SERVICES (70%):
- Conduct diagnostic assessment and develop treatment plan.
- Implement treatment plan to include: individual, group, and family counseling services.
- Provide discharge planning and transitional support for clients being terminated from treatment.
- Provide case management services to ensure clients have access to an array of support networks.
- Facilitate educational, life skills and vocational seminar for clients and families.
- Conduct screening and intake interviews.
- Refer and coordinate support service as needed.
- Participate in case conference session.
- Conduct random urinalysis testing.
- Provide aftercare services as needed.
CLIENT FILE SYSTEM (5%):
- Submit a Monthly Caseload Summary to the unit Coordinator.
- Maintain accurate documentation of treatment and other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and AADAP guidelines
- Submit other records such as Service Summary Forms, Group Recordings, Service Fee Records and others.
PROJECT EVALUATION (5%)
- To participate in the collaboration with evaluator in collecting of data, conducting focus group, etc.
- Administer Federal GPRA to clients for data collection and evaluation purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Four-year college education related to field or equivalent work experience related to field.
- Permanent resident or U.S. Citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Valid California Drivers License and current automobile liability insurance.
- Bilingual in Khmer.