|Agency||:||AADAP, Inc. – Outpatient Unit|
|Goodman Outpatient Counselor I
|Salary||:||Commensurate Upon Experience|
|Closing Date||:||Until filled|
|Opening Positions||:||One (1) Full-time|
|Submit Resumes to||:||Jon Fukuda|
|2900 S Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90016|
|(323) 293-6284, (323) 295-4075 (fax)|
A. SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Counselor I is under the supervision of the Outpatient Coordinator; will provide clinical services including, but not limited to: intake and assessments; group facilitation; individual and family counseling; and crisis intervention, referral and case management, while maintaining treatment protocols in accordance with established principles, policies and procedures, that govern AADAP’s Outpatient Unit.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- INTAKE AND ASSESSMENT SERVICES: (10%)
- Screen calls and walk-in clients and determine appropriate services.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment using the ASAM tool (American Society of Addiction Medicine), to determine medical necessity and placement for the appropriate level of care.
- Complete all necessary screening, eligibility, and intake forms in a timely manner.
- Implement GPRA Data Collection tool at Intake, 6 months, and Discharge of Client.
2. CONDUCT TREATMENT AND ADVOCACY SERVICES FOR PARTICIPANTS: (70%)
- Manage caseload as assigned by Supervisor, a minimum of 10 Clients to engage 2-3x / week via telehealth.
- Conduct diagnostic assessment and develop treatment and discharge plans in a timely manner.
- Implement treatment plan to include: individual, group, family counseling/therapy and case management services; monitor treatment reviews and follow up and submit necessary updates via EHR.
- Utilize and integrate MI (Motivational Interviewing), CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy), and EBPs (Evidence-Based Programs) such as Seeking Safety in daily interventions with clients.
- Provide Crisis Intervention and support for COVID-19 impacted/affected clients
- Provide COVID-19 specific case management services for Clients including testing and testing referrals if needed
- Coordinate support services and referrals with colleagues and outside resources as needed.
- Maintain files and records according to agency, county, state, and federal guidelines utilizing the agency’s Electronic Health Record system and LA County’s system.
- Work with Licensed Practitioner and Medical Director for clinical consultation.
- Submit other reports as assigned.
3. ADMINISTRATIVE (15%)
- Review Client list that needs to be cleaned up due to denials; coordinate with each Counselor (via phone or email), to obtain status of each claim or entry. Communicate with Billing Specialist any recommendations or solutions regarding these claims, in coordination with Supervisor.
- Provide data entry monthly and use DATAR, DCMIS, and HMIS systems to collect data and submit to the county.
- 4. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED (5%)
C. QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES):
- California certified or registered alcohol and drug counselor or a Masters in Social Work, or other Social Service field.
- Experience in or knowledge of evidence based practices such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) or Motivational Interviewing (MI).
- Experience in or knowledge of ASAM, SAGE, and Exym or other EHR software.
- Knowledge of Drug Medi-Cal and START-ODS standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain an NPI # (National Provider Identifier).
- Permanent resident or U.S. citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Valid Driver’s License, Calif. Minimum Automobile Insurance, and an appropriate motor vehicle.
- At least three years of recovery or a drug free lifestyle as of the date of the application.
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer operations.
- Complete a physical examination and TB test within one (1) week of date of hire.
- Pass a criminal background check from FBI/DOJ/OIG Federal listing.
- This class intended for positions requiring light physical effort, which may include occasional lifting to a 10-pound limit, and some bending, stooping, use hands to finger, handle or feel, squatting, climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk and hear. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time, which includes daily repetitive data entry with computers. The position frequently communicates with customers and/or co workers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The position occasionally ascends/ descends ladders and staircase.