Agency: AADAP, Inc.- Therapeutic Community (TC)
Job Title: Counselor
Role: Exempt Employee
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience
Opening Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Until Filled
Open Positions: One (1) Full-time Temporary
Submit Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The TC Counselor, reports to the Unit Coordinator, provides guidance and direction to the resident population while maintaining treatment protocols in accordance with established principles, policies and procedures, which govern AADAP’s Therapeutic Community. This is a senor counselor who is responsible for continuously assessing the therapeutic environment and makes independent clinical interventions affecting the entire community without close supervision by the Unit Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Individual Case Management Services (30%):
- Conduct individual diagnostic assessment
- Develop clients personal treatment goals in accordance with program requirements
- Provide family support services
- Maintain caseload documentation in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with federal, state, county, and AADAP standards.
- Provide resident advocacy services, court representation, and crisis intervention and support services as needed.
- Maintain and facilitate TC daily structure
- Facilitate Resident Group Activities in Accordance with AADAP’s Treatment Philosophy and Team Concept Approach to Treatment (40%):
- Facilitate scheduled resident encounter groups, topic groups and small groups.
- Facilitate life skills and relapse prevention seminars and/or conflict resolution groups.
- Provide daily monitoring of treatment activities in the Residential Unit.
- Assist with development and provision of alternative treatment exercises.
- Promote Team Concept in Implementing Treatment Goals and Objectives (30%):
- Assist in the intake process of new admissions to the Residential Unit.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team case conference meetings.
- Assist other counseling staff in developing treatment plans for residents.
- Provide support in meeting the unit’s transportation needs.
- Provide outreach services as required/or requested (presentations, networking, referrals, etc.)
- Assist coordinator and program director in instructing and monitoring residents with facility maintenance.
- Perform other functions assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITES:
- Demonstrate ability to independently direct treatment decisions and services in the therapeutic community program.
- CAS Certification or register with a State approved alcohol and drug counseling certification organization and obtain certification within two (2)-year of hire.
- Four years of college education related to field or equivalent work experience related to position.
- Class B driver License / or to meet requirement in three (3) months
- Proof of Automobile Liability Insurance.
- Permanent resident or U.S. citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hire.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recovery or drug free lifestyle as of the date of application.
- Able to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer operations.
- Complete physical examination and TB test upon hire.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Clinical Psychology
- Bilingual/bicultural capabilities with Asian/Pacific languages and/or other cultural groups.
- Five (5) years experience in providing drug and alcohol treatment services