|Agency||:||AADAP, Inc. – Administrative Unit|
|Salary||:||Commensurate Upon Experience|
|Closing Date||:||Until filled|
|Opening Positions||:||One (1) Full-Time|
|Submit Resumes to||:||Jon Fukuda|
|2900 S Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90016|
|(323) 293-6284, (323) 295-4075 (fax)|
- SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Billing Officer, under the direction of the and President & CEO supervises agency billing with a primary focus on DMC billing and payments. This position analyzes and corrects billing data in coordination with Managers, Coordinators, and Counselors and ensures accurate contract billing, collection, and reconciliation. This position shall assist in the training and supervision of staff to ensure accurate billing. This position shall monitor and reconcile payments and maximize collections. Assist in the development of managed care billing system.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (100%):
- SUPERVISE AGENCY DMC BILLING OPERATIONS (85%):
- Monitor and analyze billing data in EXYM, Sage, and KPI.
- Provide reports to Managers and Coordinators through AADAP’s PowerTable to improve efficiencies and maximize billing
- Extrapolate data and develop new billing procedures with treatment supervisors to improve efficacy and accuracy.
- Review denials in EXYM and Sage and initiate corrective action for approvals.
- Review State denials in KPI; initiate denial Crosswalk and plan and execute corrective action with treatment staff
- Supervise volunteers and interns to assist in this effort.
- Provide guidance for billing corrective action to counseling staff.
- Review payments in coordination with IT and Accounting and reconcile all payments with billings. Produce reports to manage these.
- Design and implement collection efforts to maximize payments from all sources
- ASSIST IN BUDGET DEVELOPMENT AND MODIFICATIONS (15%):
- Assist the CEO in the development of the Agency Budget and each quarterly modification.
- Assist Managers and Coordinators in development of Unit and Program budgets as necessary.
- Provide support to Management Team by conducting billing and revenue analysis as requested.
- Assist in budget modifications to funding sources as requested and necessary.
- Other duties in the Fiscal and Administrative Office as assigned
- QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES):
- Four-years of college education related data management or equivalent work experience related to position.
- Excellent writing, communication, analytic, and computer skills
- Advanced skills in Excel spreadsheets, formulas, and pivot table.
- Prior experience in accounting receivables and Electronic Health Records
- Permanent resident or U.S. Citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Valid Driver’s License, Calif. Minimum Automobile Insurance, and an appropriate motor vehicle.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recovery or drug free lifestyle as of the date of the application.
2. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Substantial experience with private medical billing systems
- Extensive experience with EXYM and Sage EHRs.